Premium Gold and Metal Leaf Adhesive
Our Gold Leaf Adhesive is based on acrylic resin and is used to adhere gold, silver, or any metal leaf to the surface being gilded. The adhesive is water-based, with a milky white appearance. The product is composed of acrylic acid ester copolymer and is environmentally friendly as it is water-based. As opposed to oil products, this adhesive takes more time to dry. Store the product in a cool, dark place. Do not dilute as the adhesive is undiluted. However, if you need to dilute, use water to thin the adhesive.
How to Use
1. Paint a thin layer of the adhesive over the area you wish to gild with a brush.
2. Wait 30-60 minutes for adhesive to become tacky and change from opaque to clear.
3. Place gold leaf smoothly onto surface. Repeat until the desired area is covered. Gently smooth the leaf over with fingers if necessary.
4. Brush the surface of the gold leaf using a gentle, circular motion. This presses the gold leaf to the adhesive to form a permanent bond.
5. Examine the surface for any spots missing gold leaf. Apply additional gold leaf to these spots in the same manner as previously.
6. Wait for 36-48 hours until adhesive is completely dry. Apply sealant to the surface to protect the gilding from damage.
50ml (1.69 fl. oz)
Acrylic resin, water-based
Made in Japan